Saturday, February 6, 2016

Review: One Summer: America, 1927

One Summer: America, 1927One Summer: America, 1927 by Bill Bryson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I loved the way this book looked at a very short span of time and considered a broad swath of what was happening then. Charles Lindbergh's flight, an amazing season for Babe Ruth and the NY Yankees, the execution of Sacco and Vanzetti, and much more happened in America during this particular summer and Bryson's typical attention to the small telling detail within the larger story made this book both entertaining and fascinating. I listened to the audiobook of this, which is read by the author, and it was an excellent production.
I am counting this as my book with "a country" in the title for the What's in a Name challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...