The What's in a Name 5 Challenge at BethFishReads asked that you read a book whose title met each of 6 categories. I have completed this challenge as follows:
- A book with a topographical feature (land formation) in the title: Last Ditch
- A book with something you'd see in the sky in the title: Clouds of Witness
- A book with a creepy crawly in the title: Case of the Drowsy Mosquito
- A book with a type of house in the title: Bleak House
- A book with something you'd carry in your pocket, purse, or backpack in the title: A Shilling for Candles
- A book with a something you'd find on a calendar in the title: The Friday Night Knitting Club
- Haruki Murakami's 1Q84 (925 pages)
- Jonathan Strange and Mr.Norrell by Susanna Clark (846 pages)
- Bleak House by Charles Dickens (965 pages)
I also signed up for the Canadian Reading Challenge 6 which is organized on The Book Mine Set and runs Canada Day to Canada Day so I have until July 1, 2013 to complete this one. The goal is to read and review 13 books by Canadian authors or about Canadians during the year. I have read/reviewed one book for this so far, I am Half Sick of Shadows. I have several books for this in my reading pile, however, and the chunkster I am working on is by a Canadian author.
Post a Comment
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!