- Name and Blog: MaryR @ bibliographic manifestations
- Snacks and Beverages of Choice: coffee and bagels to start with; grapes, pretzels, goldfish crackers, and almonds are available snacks if I need them, crock-pot taco soup is planned for supper, and I got a new box of ribbon candy for Christmas, so that will be good for treats. Tea is very likely later in the day.
- Where are you reading from today? I am reading in my living room in Manchester, NH. The view outside is cold and snow-covered, but the Christmas tree looks pretty.
- What are your goals for the Readathon? This is my first readathon, so just seeing how it goes is the main thing. I want to make as big a dent in Woman in White as I can and reread Murder in the Cathedral so I can finish writing about it.
- What book(s) are you planning on reading? Woman in White by Wilkie Collins, "Murder in the Cathedral" by T. S. Elliot, and maybe The Phantom Tollbooth.
- Are you excited? Yes.
Saturday, January 5, 2013
CC Readathon -- Starting Post
Classics Club Readathon kicked off this morning at 8am. I slept through the beginning, but got started about 9am. Here are my answers to the starting point questionnaire.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Woman in White is a good one! I'm not familiar with the others, so I'll be checking back to see what you think. Have a great day! --HarrietReplyDelete
Great picks for readathon day! All three of those are on my TBR list. Have a fantastic day of reading :)ReplyDelete
Goldfish crackers - that makes me smile :-)ReplyDelete
We don't have them in Australia so I have no idea what they are (except perhaps a cracker in the shape of a goldfish?!) but my husband and I loved, loved, loved West Wing and they had a running gag about goldfish crackers between 2 of the main characters.
I predict you won't be able to put down The Woman in White - great choice.Brona's Books
I remember that bit on West Wing (Great show!) Yes, goldfish crackers are little cheddar cheese flavored crackers shaped like tiny goldfish. I think they now come in flavors and in weird colors, but the traditional ones (which I love) are cheddar flavored and orangy-gold colored. I have finished the first "epoch" of Woman in White and am really enjoying it.ReplyDelete
The Woman in White is so good! Good luck!ReplyDelete
I read Woman in White and Moonstone, and was pretty stuck on Wilkie Collins for awhile. I still want to read one more of his books that I own...I think it is Man and Wife. I hope you had a successful readathon. I ended up finishing All the Pretty Horses, and I was very happy with that.ReplyDelete