Saturday, January 5, 2013

CC Readathon -- Starting Post

The Classics Club Readathon kicked off this morning at 8am. I slept through the beginning, but got started about 9am.  Here are my answers to the starting point questionnaire.
  1. Name and Blog: MaryR @ bibliographic manifestations
  2. Snacks and Beverages of Choice: coffee and bagels to start with; grapes, pretzels, goldfish crackers, and almonds are available snacks if I need them, crock-pot taco soup is planned for supper, and I got a new box of ribbon candy for Christmas, so that will be good for treats. Tea is very likely later in the day.
  3. Where are you reading from today? I am reading in my living room in Manchester, NH. The view outside is cold and snow-covered, but the Christmas tree looks pretty.
  4. What are your goals for the Readathon? This is my first readathon, so just seeing how it goes is the main thing. I want to make as big a dent in Woman in White as I can and reread Murder in the Cathedral so I can finish writing about it.
  5. What book(s) are you planning on reading? Woman in White by Wilkie Collins, "Murder in the Cathedral" by T. S. Elliot, and maybe The Phantom Tollbooth.
  6. Are you excited? Yes.

6 comments:

  1. Woman in White is a good one! I'm not familiar with the others, so I'll be checking back to see what you think. Have a great day! --Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks for readathon day! All three of those are on my TBR list. Have a fantastic day of reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goldfish crackers - that makes me smile :-)
    We don't have them in Australia so I have no idea what they are (except perhaps a cracker in the shape of a goldfish?!) but my husband and I loved, loved, loved West Wing and they had a running gag about goldfish crackers between 2 of the main characters.
    I predict you won't be able to put down The Woman in White - great choice.Brona's Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that bit on West Wing (Great show!) Yes, goldfish crackers are little cheddar cheese flavored crackers shaped like tiny goldfish. I think they now come in flavors and in weird colors, but the traditional ones (which I love) are cheddar flavored and orangy-gold colored. I have finished the first "epoch" of Woman in White and am really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Woman in White is so good! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Woman in White and Moonstone, and was pretty stuck on Wilkie Collins for awhile. I still want to read one more of his books that I own...I think it is Man and Wife. I hope you had a successful readathon. I ended up finishing All the Pretty Horses, and I was very happy with that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...