Thursday, May 23, 2013

Review: Z

Z: A Novel of Zelda FitzgeraldZ: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald 
by Therese Anne Fowler

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The character of Zelda was very well done--I didn't like Scott, which I wanted to, but it may be reality getting in the way--and the story of their life together made for a page-turner. I loved the way Hemingway was depicted (Zelda didn't like him and makes snarky remarks about his work). The author did a lot of research into the lives she is depicting, but ultimately the whole thing is rather depressing.It did make me want to read the biography of Zelda Fitzgerald that has been on my shelf for years and possibly The Paris Wife (about Hemingway's wife in the same time period when the Fitzgeralds were in Paris). 

1 comment:

  1. Your review of this book interested me as I used to want to know more about the Scott Fitzgerald's too. But then I read the Beautiful and Damned and its many biographical elements and I was rather turned off.
    They were both so selfish and thoughtless I could barely stand it.
    The Paris Wife was a great read although I felt the same way about Hemingway by the end as I now feel about the Fitzgerald's!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...