Friday, March 21, 2014

Review: The Black Dahlia

The Black Dahlia (L.A. Quartet, #1)The Black Dahlia 
by James Ellroy
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This book was very dark and extremely violent. It is a fictionalized account of a real (unsolved) 1947 murder case the newspapers called The Black Dahlia. Ellroy takes the facts of this gruesome murder and builds onto it a sordid story of 2 boxers turned LA cops and the woman they both love. This is not a genre of novel that I like (hence the 2 stars), but Ellroy does an excellent job with constructing his story and keeping the action and the suspense at a high pitch. 

I read this as part of the 2014 TBR Pile Challenge.

1 comment:

  1. I read this a few years ago. It is very dark but very plausible as to what happened. I can't resist an I solved mystery!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...