Monday, September 29, 2014

Review: Overture to Death

Overture To DeathOverture To Death by Ngaio Marsh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Within 30 pages of the end I still didn't know who the murder was. I was sure it was X at one point, then I was sure it had to be Y, then Z seemed the only possibility. Marsh is a master at keeping you in suspense until Alleyn unravels it all for us and then it seems totally obvious that it couldn't possibly have been anyone else if only you had noticed that little detail pointed out to you at the very beginning.
I love how Marsh uses Alleyn's letter to his girlfriend to tell us what he really thinks about the various players in the drama.

This is my second book finished for R.I.P. IX.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...