Sunday, December 14, 2014

Review: The End of Your Life Book Club

The End of Your Life Book ClubThe End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I put off reading this for a long time because I thought it would be depressing. It was depressing, but not as much as I expected. This book is not funny as all, but something about Schwalbe's tone reminded me of David Sedaris. They talk about a lot of books, several of which I have read, and it was interesting to hear the perspecives of Will and his Mom about them. I found that I generally agreed with Will and not generally with his mother. I was bothered a bit by the fact of the book--the experience seemed very personal and as the reader it didn't seem right to me to be intruding on it. This is addressed to some extent at the end of the book, but I was still uncomfortable with it.
This is one of the books on my 2014 TBR Pile Challenge list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...