Wednesday, December 24, 2014

TBR Pile Challenge Final Report



The 2014 TBR Pile Challenge was hosted by Roof Beam Reader. It was not a successful challenge for me. I listed 14 books on my master post (12 to read and 2 alternates) but I only got 7 of them read. I did learn some things from this experience:
  • Making a stack of books that I am supposed to read makes those books seem like homework to be avoided
  • I don't pick up books that seem depressing--most of the unread ones from the pile fall into this category
  • I like flexibility in my reading challenges
A few of the books in this pile may still get read sometime. some of them are going to be donated to the library unread. 

1 comment:

  1. If the TBR pile represents some books you are not fully motivated to read then I think getting half way through it should seem like a success (the glass is half full!).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...