Friday, April 24, 2015

Readathon Begins Tomorrow!

Tomorrow, beginning at 8am in my timezone, I will be participating in my first Dewey's 24-hour Readathon. Many of the book bloggers I follow do this and this year I was able (mostly) to clear my schedule so I can join in. I have been fighting off a terrible cold all week (I think the cold is winning) and I don't really have the energy to do much but lay around and read anyway, so it seems like it should work out.

I've been reading lots of posts and tweets about preparing for readathon and have been considering what I should do to get ready. I picked up a few snacks and muffins for breakfast. I thought about making a list of books to read, but I find when I do that I end up not wanting to read any of the things I put on the list.  I have several stacks of "to read" books around the house, including some YA and a picture book for fast finishes so I should be in good shape for options. I am in the middle of a history of the Arabian part of WWI which I will read some of, and have been working may way through Mists of Avalon for ages now. I am liking Mists, but find I have to be in the right mood for it. I also can't read it in bed as it is literally too heavy so that has slowed my progress. It will be a good candidate for reading during the day.

I made a button to use on my posts (I love that picture!) and convinced my husband to read with me. Tonight I plan to relax and turn in early so I am ready to read bright and early. I'm looking forward to visiting some of the other readathoner's and checking out the mini-challenges too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...