Sunday, February 28, 2016

Review: No Relation

No RelationNo Relation by Terry Fallis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When I was growing up I could tell as soon as attendance was taken on the first day of school how I would feel about the teacher. If there was any mention of Peter Pan, or singing it was a bad sign. This was because I shared my name with a famous (at least among my parents' generation) performer. When I got married I took my husband's last name and thought my namefame troubles were behind me. Alas, my new non-famous name was soon adopted by a mystery writer for one of her characters. The character, and the novels, became very popular (they are quite excellent) so I am back to having a famous name.
Given this history I thought I should read this book about a man who shares his name (though not its spelling) with a very famous writer. I loved the parts of the story that dealt with that issue, but overall the main plot of the book was a bit thin and the ending was way to "happily-ever-after" for my tastes.
The author is Canadian, so I am counting this toward the Canadian Book Challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...