Thursday, July 20, 2017

Readathon this Weekend!

Lots of Reading Options!
This weekend (beginning at midnight Friday) is the 24 in 48 Readathon. I have a huge pile of books ready to go (these are options, I have no illusion that I could read them all in the next few days).
I need to stop at the store tomorrow and stock up on snacks.
I will have to do some driving this weekend (family chauffeuring) and I have an audio-book going in my car so I can read during that time. I will be tracking my reading on a paper log (already printed up) and will post updates here at least a couple of times during the weekend. I will also tweet at least a little bit about the readathon @urbanquilternh.

I have 3 goals for the readathon:

  1. I am currently 2 books behind on my Goodreads goal for the year of reading 101 books and I want to get on track with that
  2. I want to read some short stories for the Deal Me In Challenge which I am way behind on -- the books for that are in the pile
  3. I want to get as close as I can to reading for 24 hours
If you want to share in the insanity you can still sign up at #24in48

3 comments:

  1. As You Wish was very good. I listened to the audio version and many if the actors read their interviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the readathon! I'm not reading any of my Deal Me In stories (I've actually finally caught up - with the READING part anyway, not the POSTING part!) for the readathon, but some of the Bradbury stories I'm reading have been part of prior years' Deal Me Ins.

    As You Wish and the Eleanor Roosevelt book look interesting in your stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will rock it! Call me if you need me to bring provisions :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...