Monday, March 5, 2018

Celine

CelineCeline by Peter Heller
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really liked the main character and her husband. And she is totally right about GPS.
“I think its a terrible invention. Nobody knows how to read a map anymore. You chase down a blue line but you have no idea where you are in the world. Like a rat in a maze. How do I ever know where I am in relation to Pikes Peak, or the South Platte? Or God?” (p. 76)
I thought the story wandered back and forth in time a bit too much though and the ending wasn't entirely satisfactory. If Heller writes them I would definitely read more Celine mysteries.

1 comment:

  1. Love that GPS quote as it is totally you :) But I'll defend myself here, I love GPS, but also am very fluent at map reading and (usually) consult a map before GPS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...