Friday, December 14, 2018

Lisa's Review: A Trick of the Light

A Trick of the Light by Louise Penny

My Rating: 4 of 5 stars

A Trick of the Light is the 7th book in the Chief Inspector Gamache series by Louise Penny.

I can't believe it has been almost two years since I read my last Louise Penny book. As I started to dig in on this one, it felt like I was visiting with old friends in Three Pines.

Three Pines resident Clara Morrow finally gets her solo art show at the Musée in Montreal. Her post-celebrations back home are soon cut short when the body of Lillian Dyson is found in her garden. Nobody in Three Pines knows Lillian, except for Clara from a long time ago.

As usual, all of my favorite characters came back, and and I fell in love with them and Three Pines all over again. One of my favorites is Inspector Jean-Guy Beauvoir - he is at time so crass and unlikable, but some of the blunt thoughts that go through his head are spot on and make me laugh, like this one:

"Beauvoir stared at the women. It wasn't enough that they were English and had a prayer stick, but now they'd lapsed into pig latin. It was no wonder there were so many murders here. The only mystery was how any got solved, with help like this." 

This is my first book read for the 12th Annual Canadian Book Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...