Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Virgil Wander

Virgil WanderVirgil Wander by Leif Enger
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This wasn't a perfect book, but I kind of loved it. It was full of very human characters just putting one foot in front of the other as best they can. It wasn't sad though, just very true. Something about it reminded me of Gilead.
Here are a few of the many quotes that jumped out at me.
"I aspire to the Midwest."
"Don't be fooled by our modest dress, we're surprisingly devious." (p. 179)
"A person never knows what is next--I don't anyway. The surface of everything is thinner than we know. A person can fall right through, without any warning at all." (p. 205)
"A perilous beautiful move, choosing to throw yourself at the future, even if it means one day coming down in the sea." (p. 258)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...