Friday, January 29, 2021

Love

LoveLove 
by Roddy Doyle
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
“Things you make up bleed into things tha' definitely happened. Like describin' an event, an actual occasion. You add to it, you take things out. You forget exact details. I don't think it's dishonest.”
I'm not really sure how I felt about this book. It made me think. It made me sad. It seemed to want us to believe that love is a real thing. It couldn't really offer solid proof though. Played a lot with questions of memory. Is there a version of the past that "really happened" or is it all just the perception of the people who remember it, including those who weren't even there.


1 comment:

  1. That sounds interesting. I have often wondered about my memories of the past and how much of it is accurate. I have not read anything by this author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...