Sunday, June 12, 2022

Bloodline

Dick Francis's BloodlineDick Francis's Bloodline 
by Felix Francis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I discovered Dick Francis last year when I read The Edge and have been reading and loving his books (6 so far) since then. Felix Francis is the son of Dick Francis and helped his father with his later books then took over the "brand" 3 years before his father's death. I wasn't sure I would like these as well, but this one was excellent and read just like a Dick Francis novel. 
One of the things I really like about Francis's books is that they include lots of insider details about the world of the main characters. Bloodline features a race commentator and takes the reader into the world of horse-race broadcasting which I found fascinating. I wasn't entirely satisfied with the outcome of the mystery, it felt a bit unsupported. Despite that I would definitely recommend this novel and will continue to read the Felix Francis volumes of the "Dick Francis" novels. 
This was my first finish for 20 Books of Summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...