"The Grapes of Wrath is the greatest American novel I have ever read." --Dorthy Parker
We are to post about our reading on Tuesdays, beginning October 2, 2012. Here is the schedule for the readalong, quoted from Devouring Texts:
- October 2nd: Things we think about Steinbeck- Have you read Grapes before? Were you booored? Do you harbour a (very understandable) love for Steinbeck? I think we all want to know.
- October 9th: Chapter 1 through Chapter 11 (that means to the end of Chapter 11. Which I didn't know until like a month ago, so... Just wanted to make that one clear)
- October 16th: Chapter 12 through Chapter 18
- October 23rd: Chapter 19 through Chapter 25
- October 30th: Chapter 26 to End
I'm excited that you're doing this! I posted on Laura's site about my lousy follow thru so I probably won't join you but I'll be checking in to see what you all think of Steinbeck. I think I read Laura thinks he's handsome sooooo...ReplyDelete
anyway I wish Grapes of Wrath was as short as Mice and Men but it's not. I will satisfy myself at being a Read Along stalker.
I just hope it isn't as dismal as The Red Pony. That is my only Steinbeck experience to date and it wasn't good. Glad to hear you are following along!Delete