Strictly speaking the survey asks for your favorite books of all time, ranked 1-10. I cannot even begin to say what that list would look like, for one thing there are the billions of books I haven't read yet.
I have compiled (and added to the survey) a list of mostly recent books that I really liked and can wholeheartedly recommend (the order is random).
- And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
- Rules of Civility by Amor Towles
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- Stardust by Neil Gaiman (the audio book version with Gaiman reading is fantastic!)
- Soulless (Parasol Protectorate #1) by Gail Carriger
- The Story of a Marriage by Andrew Sean Greer (kleenex may be required)
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
- Julie & Julia by Julie Powell
- Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf