Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Reading by the Numbers

During 2012 I read 113 books, this was fewer volumes than in 2011, but more pages (34090 in 2012 and 33320 in 2011, according to my Goodreads statistics). I borrowed 65 of these from my public library.

I gave 5 stars to these 5 books:
  • The Salterton Trilogy by Robertson Davies
  • A Trick of the Light by Louise Penny
  • Evidence That We Are Descended from Chairs by Andrew Merton
  • Clouds of Witness by Dorthy L. Sayers
  • Rules of Civility by Amor Towles

I gave 4 stars to 46 books.
Overall it was a good year for reading and 2013 looks like it may be even better as I have a lot of books about which I am excited piled up and ready to read.

1 comment:

  1. I like this end of the year post. I read 85 books this year and that was an effort for me. I hope to get up to 90 this year but don't think I will ever top 100.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...