Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Review: Maigret in Holland

Maigret in HollandMaigret in Holland
 by Georges Simenon

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was the first Maigret novel I have read, and I suspect it was not a typical one as it takes place in Holland instead of France. I liked the logical way Maigret laid out his solution at the end of the story, but I thought the characters were flat and undeveloped. Because Maigret was dependent on translators for his information that may have contributed, but as the author controlled this situation I'm not inclined to give him a pass on this. I will read another Maigret novel and see how it measures up.

This title counts toward the Vintage Mystery Challenge in the category of World Traveler: one mystery set in any country except the US or Britain.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...