Thursday, July 4, 2013

Review: Death in Ecstasy

Death in Ecstasy (Roderick Alleyn, #4)Death in Ecstasy by Ngaio Marsh

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The mystery had me baffled until the very end and there wasn't as much about Alleyn's life as there is in some of the books. It was good, but not one of my favorite Marsh novels. Chief Detective-Inspector Roderick Alleyn is one of my favorite detectives. He is much more of a develped human character than many of the detectives of the period. I also love the interactions between him and Nigel Bathgate and the relationship Alleyn has with Detective-Inspector Fox, aka Brer Fox.

This book counts toward the Vintage Mystery Challenge in the category of Repeat Offenders (a mystery featuring a favorite series detective)

1 comment:

  1. I just got a copy of this at a library sale. I only started readying her mysteries last year and have only read one so far. I can't decide whether to start at the beginning of the series and read them in order, or just read them as I find them. What do you think?

    (I'm a new follower.)

    Rose City Reader

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...