Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 Reading Projects

I am not making any reading resolutions for 2014, but I do have some projects I have committed to which I will be working on during the new year. 

Canadian Book Challenge 7
I have finished 6 of the 13 books I need to read for this before July 1, 2014. I also have a big pile of Canadian books waiting to be read and am nearly finished with MaddAdam which will count toward this challenge. So far so good with this one. I need to finish one Canadian book each month to stay on track.

Classics Club
I have read 14 of the 50 books I committed to reading for this by September 2017. If I read 6 more books from my list by September 2014 I will be where I need to be to finish by the deadline. I decided to read the King Arthur books from the list this year, so The Once and Future King, Mists of Avalon, and A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court are on deck. There is also a set of monthly themes planned by the Club for 2014 and I may dip into those during the year. The 2nd annual CC Readathon is Saturday and I am looking forward to starting my King Arthur project then.

Reading Challenges for 2014

  • On Goodreads I committed to reading 101 books during the year. This was the same number I challenged myself to read in 2013 and it seems like a good number for me so I am sticking with it.
  • I signed up for What's in a Name 7 which is being hosted at The Worm Hole. I will need to read 5 books (not overlapping with other challenges) for this. 
  • I committed to reading 4 books (postcard level) for the Postal Challenge hosted at Indextrious Reader.
  • I ended 2013 with more books (30+) on my Foodie to-read list than I started with, even though I completed the challenge. I have signed up for the 2014 Foodies Read Challenge and committed to reading 9-13 books (sous-chef level). On a related note, I hope to do more cooking-the-books postings about cookbooks from my collection this year. 
  • I am going to read 12 books from my shelves this year for the 2014 TBR Pile Challenge hosted at Roof Beam Reader.

This should be a good year! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining the 2014 Foodies Read Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary for visiting my blog. You're right about the number of similar we've both joined. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...