Canadian Book Challenge 7
I have finished 6 of the 13 books I need to read for this before July 1, 2014. I also have a big pile of Canadian books waiting to be read and am nearly finished with MaddAdam which will count toward this challenge. So far so good with this one. I need to finish one Canadian book each month to stay on track.
I have read 14 of the 50 books I committed to reading for this by September 2017. If I read 6 more books from my list by September 2014 I will be where I need to be to finish by the deadline. I decided to read the King Arthur books from the list this year, so The Once and Future King, Mists of Avalon, and A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court are on deck. There is also a set of monthly themes planned by the Club for 2014 and I may dip into those during the year. The 2nd annual CC Readathon is Saturday and I am looking forward to starting my King Arthur project then.
Reading Challenges for 2014
- On Goodreads I committed to reading 101 books during the year. This was the same number I challenged myself to read in 2013 and it seems like a good number for me so I am sticking with it.
- I signed up for What's in a Name 7 which is being hosted at The Worm Hole. I will need to read 5 books (not overlapping with other challenges) for this.
- I committed to reading 4 books (postcard level) for the Postal Challenge hosted at Indextrious Reader.
- I ended 2013 with more books (30+) on my Foodie to-read list than I started with, even though I completed the challenge. I have signed up for the 2014 Foodies Read Challenge and committed to reading 9-13 books (sous-chef level). On a related note, I hope to do more cooking-the-books postings about cookbooks from my collection this year.
- I am going to read 12 books from my shelves this year for the 2014 TBR Pile Challenge hosted at Roof Beam Reader.
This should be a good year!