Thursday, January 2, 2014

Review: MaddAddam

MaddAddam (MaddAddam Trilogy #3)MaddAddam by Margaret Atwood

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This trilogy, which includes Oryx and Crake and The Year of the Flood, was amazing. Considered on its own this final book was good. It began with a very short recap of what had happened in the first two books which bugged me. The first two books in this trilogy are complex and layered and pulling out the plot points into a few summary paragraphs flattened them in a way that I disliked. 
This book also took a while to get going, there was a lot of looking back and reminiscing before any new events happened.Once things finally got moving the mixing of elements from the first and second books with this new action made this volume more like the earlier ones which was good. The various loose ends are all dealt with in this book, some more to my satisfaction than others. 

This book counts toward the Canadian Book Challenge 7.

2 comments:

  1. I just read The Year of the Flood and left it with mixed feelings. Well written, but rather depressing. I'm not sure if I will continue in the trilogy, but if I do I think I should read Oryx and Crake next.
    Which of the 3 did you think was the best?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Year of the Flood was my favorite -- I love how Atwood wove the Oryx and Crake story into the second one. I bet reading Flood then OandC would have the same effect. None of them are happy books however.

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...