Because I am focusing on 2013 fiction for this Bout of Books I tried to use all books published in 2013. Here is the list of requested words and my answers:
- character name – Mrs. Poe by Lynn Cullen
- adjective1 – The Supremes at Earl's All-you-can-eat by E. K. Moore
- adjective2 – Fallen Land by Patrick Flanery
- item – Speaking from Among the Bones by Alan Bradley
- occupation –The Other Typist by Suzanne Rindell
- act of violence – Murder in the Dark by Kerry Greenwood (2009)
- adjective3 – Bleeding Edge by Thomas Pynchon
- noun1 – How the Light Gets In by Louise Penny
- noun2 – Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger
The story, based on my answers is below. If you want to play, complete your list of answers, using book titles, before you scroll down to see how the story turned out.
|A quilt I made inserted here to fill space so you can |
make your own word list before you see the story.
I just read the greatest book!
This guy Poe ends up in the middle of a/an All-you-can-eat conspiracy. Turns out his/her ancestors were pirates, and he/she might be the key to finding the fallen bones. It’s a mythic artifact that disappeared centuries ago, and now a shadowy group of typists are looking for it. No one knows what uncovering it might do, but these guys are willing to murder for it.
I won’t say anything else. But believe me, if you like bleeding stories with light and espionage, you have to read this one.