Thursday, April 3, 2014

Ten Most Influential Books

Random Ramblings challenged readers to create a list of ten books that have been most influential in their lives and to provide no explanation of why (thus giving you the reader an opportunity to be influenced or not in your own way). Roof Beam Reader and Brona's Books compiled lists. 
Here is mine (in no particular order):
  1. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  2. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
  3. The Illustrated Treasury of Poetry for Children edited by David Ross
  4. The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe
  5. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  6. Getting Things Done by David Allen
  7. Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
  8. Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie
  9. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
  10. Moby Dick by Herman Melville
For the record, just because I think a book influenced me it doesn't mean I liked it or even that I finished it.

1 comment:

  1. That is interesting. I have seen some of these lists, and I never have any success at remembering books that influenced me. I have the same problem coming up with favorite movies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...