Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Baskerville Affair

I just finished the third book in this series which I have enjoyed. The basic premise is that the main character is the niece of Sherlock Holmes and was raised in the circus before her very proper Grandmother Holmes took her in. She has magical powers, which are illegal in the steam-powered society in which she lives. There are also several handsome young men wandering about and and evil sorcerer. Overall it is a fun series.

A Study in Silks (The Baskerville Affair, #1)A Study in Silks by Emma Jane Holloway
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A Study in Darkness (The Baskerville Affair, #2)A Study in Darkness by Emma Jane Holloway
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This is fluff at it's very finest: handsome pirates, and battles and chases and stolen kisses and murders to solve and excellent hats. The end left a TON of unresolved issues though. I hate that about middle-of-a-trilogy books.
A Study in Ashes (The Baskerville Affair, #3)
A Study in Ashes by Emma Jane Holloway
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

There were 3 pretty distinct stories in this book each focusing on a separate person from the earlier 2 books. Overall I enjoyed the book, but I did feel that it was a bit padded with extra battles and obstacles that weren't moving the story forward in a substantive way. Many loose ends were tied up, but the door was left open to continue the series.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...