There were 12 categories of classics outlined and the goal is to read one classic (published at least 50 years ago in all cases) for each category.
Here are the categories I completed with links to my reviews:
- A 20th Century Classic - any book published between 1900 and 1966. (Wizard of Oz)
- A classic by a woman author. (House of Mirth)
- A classic detective novel. It must include a detective, amateur or professional. (The Thin Man)
- A classic which includes the name of a place in the title. (Our Man in Havana)
- A classic which has been banned or censored. If possible, please mention why this book was banned or censored in your review. (The Master and Margarita)
- Re-read a classic you read in school (high school or college). If it's a book you loved, does it stand the test of time? If it's a book you disliked, is it any better a second time around? (Jane Eyre)
Post a Comment
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!