Sunday, June 18, 2017

Lisa's Review: Bones Never Lie

Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

My Rating: 4 of 5 stars

Bones Never Lie is the 17th book in the Temperance Brennan series, and the 2nd that I have read. In this book, Tempe is called to investigate a case involving two related child murders. Both are linked to Anique Pomerleau, a murderer that Tempe and Detective Ryan were not able to capture years earlier.

I thought the crime and plot aspect of this book was excellent. Looking back I'm surprised I didn't figure out 'who did it' earlier, but always happy when I don't. I think this is the first time I've started to read a series out of order. A piece of me is enjoying being random, but another is a little tweaked thinking I need to be in order. I think that might make sense for following the relationship of Tempe & Ryan. I'm also wondering if there are pieces of cases that go book to book - I found that an earlier book covers the earlier Pomerleau case, so I'm not sure if this is common with other books in this series. I think I'll try a few more random order books.    

This is my twelfth book read for the 10th Annual Canadian Book Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...