Friday, June 23, 2017

Lisa's Review: Bones on Ice

Bones on Ice by Kathy Reichs

My Rating: 3 of 5 stars

Even though in my last Temperance Brennan review I said I would continue to read the books in random order, I conveniently found the next book in the series available at the library. With the ending of the last book, I was interested to see what might be coming next with Tempe's relationship with Detective Ryan.

Bones on Ice is book #17.5 (.5 because it is a novella) in the Temperance Brennan series. Tempe is requested by a wealthy Charlotte woman to positively identify her daughters' body recovered from Mount Everest. The daughter had perished on Everest three years earlier, but it had taken that long to get her off of the mountain and transported back to the US.

I've always been fascinated with Everest & reading about people who attempt to summit it in reality, so having that be a part of the mystery in this book I found to be interesting. Being a novella, I knew things would wrap up fairly quickly, but I think this one could have gone to a full length novel. There was only a couple of slight mentions of Ryan though, so I will have to wait until the next book to see what develops.

This is my thirteenth book read in the 10th Annual Canadian Book Challenge, which means I have completed the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...