Sunday, November 26, 2017

Lisa's Review: Grave Secrets

Grave Secrets by Kathy Reichs

My Rating: 3 of 5 stars

Grave Secrets in the fifth book in the Temperance Brennan series. Tempe is leading a team on a dig in Guatemala to help identify 23 victims from a massacre in Chupan Ya that happened in 1982 so that their families can finally put them to rest. While in Guatemala, Tempe is called in to help investigate a more recent series of disappearances of young women.

I've been reading these books in random order and this is the earliest in the series I've read so far, so this is earlier in the Tempe and Detective Ryan relationship. Their relationship is definitely an appealing part of the series, so reading these in random order makes for the only confusion (for me)...keeping track of where they are in their relationship. However, I think I can can keep on top of that, and I appreciate I can get a lot of the books in the series as an online audio book without even leaving my house.

Of the Kathy Reichs books I've read so far, this one has been one of my favorites from a story/plot perspective.

This is my fifth book read for the 11th Annual Canadian Book Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...