Sunday, April 29, 2018

Readathon Wrap-up

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Midnight to 1am. I read a sentence dozed off, then read the same sentence and dozed off again. That was the end for me. I set the alarm for 6:30 and read a little more then, but fell asleep before a lot of progress was made. 
2. Tell us ALLLLL the books you read!

-Finished Reckless Daughter: A Portrait of Joni Mitchell by David Yaffe 
- Finished I Feel Better Now by Margaret Fishback 
- Finished Murder and Mendelssohn: A Phryne Fisher Mystery by Kerry Greenwood
- Read most of An Academic Question by Barbara Pym
3. Which books would you recommend to other Read-a-thoners?

A slim volume of poetry was a great thing to read mid-readathon. I would definitely recommend that -- most books of poetry are less than 200 pages (not the collected works, but the individual books). Jane Kenyon, Edna St. Vincent Millay, LR Berger, Ted Kooser, Margaret Fishback, and Robert Frost would be among my recommendations, but any poet that appeals to you is the one you should choose. 
4. What’s a really rad thing we could do during the next Read-a-thon that would make you smile?

I loved the scavenger hunt -- definitely do that again. I also liked having the mini-challenges open the whole time and linked on one page. It made it easy to find one I was interested in when I needed a break and not to miss a cool one when I was focused on reading. I completed a couple of them and read the entries for several others. 
5. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? 

Very likely. It totally depends on the date and what commitments I have that day. 
Even though I didn't read the whole 24 hours--I knew I wouldn't--it was great to spend a day focused on reading. Total pages read: 799. The planning was fun too. Thanks to the organizers and every one who pitches in to make this huge event happen!

1 comment:

  1. I liked having the mini-challenges open all 24 hours too. I didn't feel like I had to check in as often, which meant I could read more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...