Sunday, September 13, 2020

R.I.P. XV

I participated in this challenge several years ago and when I saw the announcement for it today I realized that I have been reading quite a few books that qualify recently. The rules are pretty simple: in October (and September this year) read in the categories of mystery, suspense, thriller, dark fantasy, gothic, horror, and supernatural; post about your reading on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #RIPXV. I will be posting on my Instagram

 My #RIPXV reading so far:

  • A Morbid Taste for Bones by Ellis Peters -- the first of the Brother Cadfael mysteries. I watched the TV show years ago but had never read the books. I enjoyed this one and will continue with the series.
  • A Grave Mistake by Ngaio Marsh -- #30 in the Roderick Alleyn series. It was classic Marsh which I love. 
  • Friday the Rabbi Slept Late by Harry Kemelman -- the first in this series which I remember my Mom reading when I was a kid. I liked it. I didn't figure out who done it, but when I got to the end I realized that it was all laid out and I should have known. Will be moving on directly to the next in the series. 
  • The Turn of the Screw by Henry James is my current Classics Club Spin title and I am about half-way through it. 
There are several more mysteries in my current TBR library pile and both a Wilkie Collins and Seven Gothic Tales are on my shelf so I should have plenty of options for the next month.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...