Saturday, October 24, 2020

24-Hour Readathon

Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now?
I am reading a Nero Wolfe mystery. I have some poetry, a book about Barbara Pym's novels and a book about writing on deck as options for the evening. 

2. How many books have you read so far?
I finished 2 paper books and an audio book (all begun before today) so far today.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I have another mystery novel picked out for later tonight. 

4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
My day has gone about as I expected. I got a good bit of work done on my painting project while I was listening to my audiobook. 


5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
I have read more than I would have expected so far.

_________________________

Opening Survey for the Dewey 24 Hour Readathon (9am, I got a late start)

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

I am reading from Manchester, NH. It is a bit cloudy here today but is not cold (may get to 70F today) so some outdoor reading may be possible.


2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

I have a bunch of books in progress and I am most looking forward to finishing books. That is my goal for today.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

I made scones (apricot and chocolate chip) and am looking forward to those. 

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

Besides reading I do a lot of sewing and am planning to stay out of my sewing room today so I can get more reading in. I am working on repainting the spare room though so will be listening to my audiobook while I work in there at least part of the day.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

I have done several readathons over the years and relaxing and reading as much as I can without pushing beyond when I need to sleep is the lesson I have learned in the past. A mixture of books is also key to a good readathon for me.

2 comments:

  1. Your attitude toward the readathon is similar to mine. I just like to read and relax and blog for a bit. Hope you have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmm....I love chocolate chip scones! Hope your reading is going well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...