Tuesday, June 1, 2021

May Book Report

May 2021
I finished 13 books last month.

A quote from this month's reading:

“For the train, like life, must go on until it reaches its destination. You might not always like what you see out of the window, but if you pull down the blind, you will miss the beauty as well as the ugliness.” --The Woman on the Orient Express

Here is my progress toward various goals and challenges:

Here are the books I finished in May 2021: 
  1. Windhall by Ava Barry--a page-turner, but there is a logical problem at the center of the plot that bugged me throughout the book (3-stars)
  2. One Corpse Too Many by Ellis Peters (audiobook, 3-stars)
  3. The Nature of Biography by Robert Gittings (3-stars)
  4. The Woman on the Orient Express by Lindsay Jayne Ashford (4-stars)
  5. To the Hilt by Dick Francis (audiobook, 4-stars)
  6. Who is Maud Dixon by Alexandra Andrews (4-stars)
  7. Paris 1919 by Margaret MacMillan (4-stars)
  8. I, Robot by Isaac Asimov (3-stars)
  9. Gilead by Marilynne Robinson (re-read, 5-stars)
  10. Ex Libris: Confessions of a Common Reader by Anne Fadiman (2-stars)
  11. The Sweet Dove Died by Barbara Pym (4-stars)
  12. The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. LeGuin (3-stars)
  13. Sorry for the Dead by Nicola Upson (3-stars)
I wanted to participate in the Daphne Du Maurier Reading Week, but the novel on my unread shelf, Hungry Hill, just didn't work for me. I think it is destined for my "abandoned" list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...