Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Top Ten Love Stories

I know, I missed Tuesday again. I was inspired by this week's topic when I saw the post at The Adventures of an Intepid Reader.  The official topic is "Love Freebie (come up with your own topic having to do with love)" and I have put together my top 10 love stories, in no particular order. 

  1. Winter Solstice by Rosamund Pilcher --many of the characters are older which was a lovely change of pace. 
  2. Enchanting Pleasures by Eloisa James
  3. The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer
  4. Gaudy Night by Dorothy L. Sayers -- my favorite marriage proposal in any novel is in this one
  5. Stardust by Neil Gaiman--the audio book version with Gaiman reading is fantastic!
  6. Soulless (Parasol Protectorate #1) by Gail Carriger
  7. Beach Read by Emily Henry --young love, but very sweet and entertaining
  8. Portrait of Jennie by Robert Nathan -- the 1948 movie is also a delight.
  9. The French Lieutenant's Woman by John Fowles
  10. Loving Frank by Nancy Horan -- not a happy story, it is based on the life of Frank Lloyd Wright, but powerful

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...