I know, I missed Tuesday again. I was inspired by this week's topic when I saw the post at The Adventures of an Intepid Reader. The official topic is "Love Freebie (come up with your own topic having to do with love)" and I have put together my top 10 love stories, in no particular order.
- Winter Solstice by Rosamund Pilcher --many of the characters are older which was a lovely change of pace.
- Enchanting Pleasures by Eloisa James
- The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer
- Gaudy Night by Dorothy L. Sayers -- my favorite marriage proposal in any novel is in this one
- Stardust by Neil Gaiman--the audio book version with Gaiman reading is fantastic!
- Soulless (Parasol Protectorate #1) by Gail Carriger
- Beach Read by Emily Henry --young love, but very sweet and entertaining
- Portrait of Jennie by Robert Nathan -- the 1948 movie is also a delight.
- The French Lieutenant's Woman by John Fowles
- Loving Frank by Nancy Horan -- not a happy story, it is based on the life of Frank Lloyd Wright, but powerful
Post a Comment
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!