Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Shelf Control #1

Shelf Control is a weekly celebration of the unread books on our shelves created and hosted by Bookshelf Fantasies. Pick a book you own but haven’t read, write a post about it (suggestions: include what it’s about, why you want to read it, and when you got it), and link up! For more info on what Shelf Control is all about, check out the introductory post, Want to join in? Shelf Control posts go up every Wednesday.

Title: New York: The Novel
Author: Edward Rutherfurd
Published: 2009
Length: 862 pages

What it’s about: "The bestselling master of historical fiction weaves a grand, sweeping drama of New York from the city's founding to the present day." (from jacket copy)

How and when I got it: I'm not quite sure how I ended up with this book. My Mom loved Rutherfurd's books and had read this and London (and possibly others). The front of the book says "Christmas 2009" in my Mom's writing so she may have gotten it as a gift then, or she may have given it to my brother-in-law and I ended up with it after he read it. 

Why I want to read it: I am interested in New York history and Rutherfurd is supposed to be a great writer of historical fiction. It is really long, which is probably why it hasn't left the shelf yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...