The Top Ten Tuesday this week is Book Quote Freebie (Share your favorite book quotes that fit a theme of your choosing!) I have selected some of my favorite quotes offering advice about how to live (in no particular order).
- "If they give you lined paper, write the other way." --William Carlos Williams
- "Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." --Bernard Baruch
- “Cram your head with characters and stories. Abuse your library privileges. Never stop looking at the world, and never stop reading to find out what sense other people have made of it.”―
- There are only two or three human stories, and they go on repeating themselves as fiercely as if they had never happened before.” ― O Pioneers!
- “The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience.” ― To Kill a Mockingbird
- There are no rules you can follow. You have to go by instinct and you have to be brave.” ― How to Make an American Quilt
- “Of course it's alright for librarians to smell of drink.” ― Less Than Angels
- “You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better.” ― Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life
- “Some people's blameless lives are to blame for a good deal.” ― Gaudy Night
Post a Comment
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!