Saturday, May 21, 2022

Deadly Threads

Deadly Threads (Josie Prescott Antiques Mystery, #6)Deadly Threads 
by Jane K. Cleland
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I hadn't read a Josie Prescott mystery for quite a while and I had forgotten how good they are. There are 14 books in the series (so far) and this is #6 so I have quite a few left to enjoy. 

The crime in Deadly Threads was complicated enough to keep me guessing, but with a logical solution in the end; the characters are well drawn and grow through their experiences; and there was lots of interesting vintage fashion details. I also really enjoyed the details of the setting which is the NH seacoast. Part of this story centers on a restaurant in Portsmouth which is fictional, but bears a striking resemblance to the old Blue Mermaid, maybe with a little Black Trumpet mixed in. 

A new character was introduced into the series in this book: a cat named Hank who finds an important clue. I am counting this book toward the Cruisin' Through the Cozies challenge as my "animal related mystery." 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...