Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Among the Mad

Among the Mad (Maisie Dobbs, #6)Among the Mad 
by Jacqueline Winspear
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I think this was my favorite Maisie Dobbs so far. She is working with Scotland Yard, in a consultant capacity, which opens up possibilities of the plot in a way that the earlier novels lacked. There was a definite thread of sadness in this story, but the kindness and grace of Miss Dobbs keeps the heartbreak at a manageable level.
I am counting this towards the Historical Fiction Challenge as it was written in 2009 and is set at the turn of the year 1932. 


1 comment:

  1. I read the first few books in this series and then lost track of it!!

    Thanks for sharing this review with the Historical Fiction Reading Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...