Friday, March 1, 2024

February Book Report

January 2024, NYC
I finished 7 books last month.

A quote from this month's reading:

“A person was like a city. You couldn't let a few less desirable parts put you off the whole. There may be bits you don't like, a few dodgy side streets and suburbs, but the good stuff makes it worthwhile.”
― Matt Haig, The Midnight Library

Here is my progress toward various goals and challenges:

 Here are the books I finished in February 2024: 
  1. Things to Look Forward To by Sophie Blackall (3-stars)
  2. The Midnight Library by Matt Haig (4-stars)
  3. I Think You're Wrong, But I'm Listening (4-stars)
  4. An Overdose of Death by Agatha Christie (3-stars)
  5. Be the Unicorn by William Vanderbloemen (3-stars)
  6. Nightwood by Djuna Barnes (3-stars)
  7. Fabulous Feathers and Fillers by Sue Nickles (4-stars)
I didn't have any good February pictures so I picked one from a trip I took last month to visit my sister. 

I ended up abandoning my Classics Club spin title (Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne) and am currently reading 5 different books. I expect to finish all but one of those (War and Peace, which I am reading slowly, but am liking) in March.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, it's too bad about the Jules Verne book being a DNF. It can be a little bit annoying when a classic just isn't as enjoyable as you'd hoped, right?

    I read your review of "I Think You're Wrong (But I'm Listening)" and I think I'll put it on my to-read list. Several people I love and respect have very different views from my own, and in our current divisive political climate it can often be a struggle to maintain a peaceful relationship. It might be nice to read something that can offer some practical guidance and hope about that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...