Monday, October 7, 2024

Only 3 months left!

As we approach the end of the year it seems like a good idea to look at how far I have gotten with the 2024 goals I set for my reading life.

  • I planned to read 10 books from my Classics Club list and I have read 6 so far. I may get through 4 more titles from this list before the year ends.
  • I wanted to read at least 6 books from my Readers' Advisory Reading List and have not read a single one. This doesn't look promising, but it also doesn't seem impossible.
  • I read 9 of the 35 books on my #nonficnov tbr list and my goal was to read at least 6 of them before November 2024 so this one is done.
  • I wanted to complete the 2024 Historical Fiction Reading Challenge at the Victorian level of 5 books and I have read 4 so far, but have only blogged about 2 and writing about the books is part of this challenge so I have work to do here. 
  • I committed to the 2024 What's in a Name Challenge which requires 6 books. So far I have read one. 
  • The Canadian Reading Challenge ended on July 1, 2024 and I was nowhere near to completing it. I have taken a break from this challenge for the current year. 
  • I am not doing very well getting my owned-but-not-read shelf down to fewer than 100 books. It has hovered around the 130 mark most of the year. I need to both read from this shelf and stop adding to it.
  • I have read 72 books so far this year so I should make it to my usual GoodReads goal of 100 books.
  • Figure out where I left off with my Century of Books project. I have 3 years left in this project: 1901, 1903, and 1909. The goal was to figure out where I was, not to finish so that is a crossed off item.
  • Continue posting a Book Report the first week of each month. So far so good on this one. 
I definitely have some reading to do if I am going to complete these challenges. Other than getting my owned-but-not-read shelf to fewer than 100 books--which is not going to happen in 3 months-- I think I can complete these goals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...