Thursday, December 5, 2013

Best Books of 2013

It's that time of year when everyone starts compiling lists of the best books of the year. Here are some 'best of' lists for your consideration. After reading through all these lists I realized I have hardly read ANY of the books that came out this year.

Library Journal Best Books List
I haven't read any of these, but Bleeding Edge is on my TBR list and I heard an interview on NPR about 5 Days at Memorial which sounds fascinating.

Kirkus Best Fiction List
This is a long list with quite a few titles on it I hadn't seen elsewhere. Bleeding Edge and Longbourn are both included here.

Forbes Best Books List
Books about Twitter, fracking, Legos, baseball & gambling, and the Summer of 1927 all made this list.

School Library Journal Best Nonfiction Books List
I have heard good things about Go: A Kidd’s Guide to Graphic Design by Chip Kidd and I think my niece would like Brave Girl.

Huffington Post's Best Food Books List
There are several books on this list I want to read including Candy, the dish on FoodNetwork, Russ & Daughters, and The Best Food Writing. However, they left off the best food book of the year: Soul Food by Adrian Miller.

BookPage List of 50 Best Books
There are a lot of titles on here that are listed elsewhere, but this is a great summary list of the books of 2013.

NY Times Book Review's List 
5 Days at Memorial is on this list too, and The Goldfinch which I want to check out.

1 comment:

  1. Late breaking news -- a super cool best books thing from NPR at http://apps.npr.org/best-books-2013/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...