Monday, December 9, 2013

Review: The Year of the Flood

The Year of the Flood (MaddAddam Trilogy, #2)The Year of the Flood
by Margaret Atwood
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I loved how this story wove itself in and out of the story of Oryx and Crake. The focus of this novel is the people who call themselves God's Gardeners, who were in the main book but were more peripheral to the story. Many of the characters from the first book appear here as well, but this time they are on the edges of the story. The dystopia Atwood has created is background here and the individual people who are trying to sort out their paths in this weird world are the center of the story. There is also a bit of a thriller element to the book.
Overall a fabulous book and I can't wait to read book 3.
This book counts toward the 7th Canadian Book Challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Until I saw your review of Oryx and Crake I had not considered reading that one (and the rest of the trilogy). I do plan to read that one, but it might have to wait until 2015.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...