Thursday, December 26, 2013

What's in a Name 7 Challenge

What's in a Name 7 is being hosted at The Worm Hole. The challenge runs from January to December 2014. During this time you choose a book to read from each of the following 5 categories (examples provided by the host site of books you could choose are in brackets):
  • A reference to time (Eleven Minutes, Before Ever After)
  • A position of royalty (The People’s Queen, The Last Empress, The Curse Of The Pharaoh)
  • A number written in letters (The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms, A Tale Of Two Cities)
  • A forename or names (Rebecca, Eleanor & Park, The Unfinished Work Of Elizabeth D.)
  • A type or element of weather (Gone With The Wind, Red Earth Pouring Rain)
Any format (print, audio, ebook) is acceptable, but it is preferred that the books don’t overlap with other challenges. This will be tough for me, but I will do my best. You don’t have to make your list of books beforehand, which is good because I like to  choose them as I go.  There are a few books on my to-be-read list that could fit into this challenge: Eve in Hollywood; The Judas Widow; A Study in Sherlock; We Need to Talk About Kevin; Fear in the Sunlight; Split Thirty; Help, Thanks, Wow, Three Essential Prayers. A Philippa Gregory novel should fit the bill nicely for the royalty category. Time looks like it may be a tough one for me.

1 comment:

  1. Love 'sunlight'! I think Gregory may prove quite popular, I know she's on my list and another's. Her books are brilliant for the royalty category. Hope you enjoy the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...