Thursday, February 5, 2015

Review: The Upside of Irrationality

The Upside of Irrationality: The Unexpected Benefits of Defying Logic at Work and at HomeThe Upside of Irrationality: The Unexpected Benefits of Defying Logic at Work and at Home by Dan Ariely
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I listened to this audiobook and I had an issue with the audiobook which brought down the rating a bit. There are apparently several diagrams and examples of test questions included in the book and the audio referred you to these in your "enhanced audio" (which I didn't have from the library copy I was listening too). I found this super annoying.
The book itself was good. The experiments Ariely conducted on human decision-making were very interesting and there were several stories of his own experiences (he suffered severe burns as a young man and this colored much of his life) which added depth to the experimental information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...