Monday, September 7, 2015

Review: Do Over

Do Over: Rescue Monday, Reinvent Your Work, and Never Get StuckDo Over: Rescue Monday, Reinvent Your Work, and Never Get Stuck by Jon Acuff
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Jon Acuff clearly thinks he's funny. Luckily I agreed with him or this book would have been rough going. Basically the idea is that you have 4 things that you can use to build a career: people you know, stuff you can do (skills), your character, and grit/hustle to make the other 3 useful.
Not really any great revelations, but the way he leads you through thinking about what you have working for and against you was good.
I am counting this as the "self improvement book" for the Read Harder Challenge.

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't heard of this one before seeing your post. I like humorous self-help books, and my Mondays could certainly use some rescuing, so I'll look for this book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...