I began my Classics Club list in September 2012 so I should finish reading 50 books from it by September 2017 (that is, within 5 years).
As we begin 2017 I thought a summary of progress was in order. I have read and reviewed 32 books on my list so far and will need to read 18 more in the next 9 months to complete the five year challenge.
I began and abandoned 2:
- The History of England, Jane Austen
- Robinson Crusoe, Daniel Defoe
There are 24 titles remaining on the list:
- Sense and Sensibility, Jane Austen 
- The Second Sex, Simone de Beauvoir 
- The Decameron, Giovanni Boccaccio 
- The Sword of Shannara, Terry Brooks  *
- If on a Winter's Night a Traveler, Italo Calvino  *
- Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1), Orson Scott Card  *
- The Brothers Karamazov, Fyodor Dostoyevsky 
- On Green Dolphin Street, Sebastian Faulks  *
- The French Lieutenant's Woman, John Fowles  *
- Cold Comfort Farm, Stella Gibbons 
- The Scarlet Letter, Nathaniel Hawthorne 
- Catch-22, Joseph Heller 
- A Bell for Adano, John Hersey 
- Dubliners, James Joyce 
- Portrait of a Lady, Henry James
- A Separate Peace, John Knowles 
- Cakes and Ale, W. Somerset Maugham 
- The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, Haruki Murakami  *
- Swann's Way, Marcel Proust 
- Wide Sargasso Sea, Jean Rhys 
- The Catcher in the Rye, J. D. Salinger 
- Eminent Victorians, Lytton Strachey 
- The Robber Bridegroom, Eudora Welty 
- Orlando: A Biography, Virginia Woolf 
* These titles are less than 50 years old so don't qualify for the 2017 Back to the Classics challenge.
Post a Comment
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!