- ‘a number in numbers’ : 206 Bones by Kathy Reichs
- ‘a building’: Peril at End House by Agatha Christie
- ‘a title with a ‘X’ in it’: Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk by Kathleen Rooney
- ‘a compass direction’: Key West by Maureen Ogle
- ‘an item or items of cutlery’: The Burglar Who Counted the Spoons by Lawrence Block
- ‘a title in which at least two words share the same first letter’: Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons
The category "an item of cutlery" was my favorite--it was challenging to find one, but I thought it was a great category. The 2018 category list looks good too. This was my sixth time participating in this challenge and I highly recommend it.