#1 - Non-Fiction Reading Challenge hosted at Doing Dewey
I am challenging myself to read at least 12 non-fiction books this year.
#2 - What's in a Name 2018 hosted at The Worm Hole
This will require reading 6 books, one for each category:
- The word ‘the’ used twice (The Secret By The Lake; The End Of The Day, The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-Time)
- A fruit or vegetable (The Guernsey Literary And Potato Peel Pie Society; The Particular Sadness Of Lemon Cake)
- A shape (The Ninth Circle, The Square Root Of Summer, Circle Of Friends)
- A title that begins with Z – can be after ‘The’ or ‘A’ (Zen In The Art Of Writing; The Zookeeper’s Wife, Zelda)
- A nationality (Anna And The French Kiss; How To Be A Kosovan Bride; Norwegian Wood)
- A season (White Truffles In Winter; The Spring Of Kasper Meier; The Summer Queen; Before I Fall; The Autumn Throne)
For this one I will need to read at least 6 and up to 12 books all at least 50 years old. No more than one for each of the categories:
- A 19th century classic - any book published between 1800 and 1899.
- A 20th century classic - any book published between 1900 and 1968.
- A classic by a woman author.
- A classic in translation.
- A children's classic.
- A classic crime story, fiction or non-fiction.
- A classic travel or journey narrative, fiction or non-fiction.
- A classic with a single-word title.
- A classic with a color in the title.
- A classic by an author that's new to you.
- A classic that scares you.
- Re-read a favorite classic.
#4 - 2018 European Reading Challenge hosted at Rose City Reader
This will require reading 5 books by different European authors or set in different European countries (Deluxe Entourage level)
#5 - I am also participating in the GoodReads 2018 Reading Challenge with a goal of reading 100 books.