Sunday, August 29, 2021

Crome Yellow

Crome YellowCrome Yellow 
by Aldous Huxley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

F. Scott Fitzgerald described this novel as "too ironic to be called satire and too scornful to be called irony." It is the story of Dennis's visit to an English estate called Crome and the various characters he meets there. There are several other works (poems, essays, and a family history) mixed into the novel purporting to be the work of various characters. The only Huxley I had read previously was Brave New World, which I read in high school. I remember liking it, but don't recall any details. Crome Yellow, published in 1921, was the first of many novels Huxley wrote. I really enjoyed this novel and plan to read more of his work. 
This is one of the titles on my classics club list .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...